Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Joyfully Doing Laundry

Photo provided by photobucket

I am particpating in Polished Cornerstones Projects being hosted @ Raising Homemakers.

We are focusing on blessings our family by keeping the laundry cleaning. I have been having discussions with my daughter Carissa age 8 of how something as simple as keeping laundry clean is a tremendous blessing to our family. How it's a small but very important part of how we as women live in the role that God designed for us. How if we go about our work even while doing laundry with a glad heart,saying a prayer for our family as we work, we are doing God's will.

In our discussion was ...
Proverbs 31:27 She looketh well to the ways of her household,and eateth not the bread of idleness.

What we do,do with a cheerful heart as to be a blessing to our families. Be strong and work hard giving God the glory in all we do.

Tammy
The Happy Homemaker

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love this! Excellent in teaching your daughter about laundry. It can truly be a fun chore! I can't wait to see how you both grow through this study.

ginny said...

ahhh, laundry. i truly dislike this household chore. thanks for the reminder that we are blessing our family by keeping up on the laundry :)and in doing it with a cheerful heart, we are also pleasing God.

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Doing Laundry is something we all do - but JOYFULLY doing laundry is unique! Way to teach your daughter young. She is blessed to have such a wise mommy!

I linked up too!
Courtney
http://www.womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

Oh sweet! I enjoy doing laundry now, because for about 15 years, I had to use a laundromat (before I was married). Clean laundry IS a blessing - especially if she is married someday and her husband asks her "where is my...?" and she knows right where to look. =)