Tuesday, June 15, 2010

MYO: Stain Lifter

I make my own stain lifter for laundry stains and have for a few years now. It works great! As most of you know my boys are really into sports and I have taken out all sorts of stains from them playing. I simply spray it on and rub it in. Let it set then wash,stain gone.





What you'll need:




Tide detergent
vinegar
water
spray bottle ( I use an old stain lifter bottle I had here)


1/2 C tide,2 C vinegar and fill the rest of the way with water. Add lid and shake well.
That's it!


You'll need to shake it from time to time to mix the detergent in. One small bottle of tide last me for a very long time doing this. Wait until you have a coupon and it's on sale to get it,that way your not spending much at all to purchase it.


Also I keep an old toothbrush to scrub the stain lifter into the stain. Works great. You scrub in the direction of the fabric. Just don't do this on delegates or you can damage it.






Tammy

1 comment:

Tracey said...

What a great recipe to have on hand! Thanks for sharing!