Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Listening to theVoice of the Holy Spirit


I have always  felt that being on any type of medication that effects the neurological system is a big gamble too say the least, I know there is a time and place for these types of medications and I'm not saying they don't have uses, but this is my individual story with them. When my neurologist began suggesting these type of medications too help with migraines that have been troubling me for some time. This was to be a medication that was too be added to my regular regimen. Although I was very apprehensive about it, I gave into it and began taking it. Once the medication got into my system I became very irritated and snappy with my whole family, I called in and told of the side effect I was experiencing. They changed to a sister medication that was "suppose" to be better and have less side effects and I was to begin it right away and stop the other right away. I did as I was directed and after taking the new medication  for some time I noticed that I was sleeping more and more throughout the day. I felt sad and down. I was crying more and more. I felt useless and hopeless. I was feeling symptoms of depression and I'm not depressed. I prayed and I felt God urging me to stop taking the medication so I began lowering the dose. 

The side effects on the medications can be thoughts of suicide and depression. I feel better now , I have maybe a week left and I should be off the medication. But I can tell you I feel more like myself already.

I don't want a bunch of hate mail or comments saying I am slamming antidepressants because I'm not, I know they have their place when needed. I am very leery how these type of medications are so widely prescribed with out a thought of the bad side effects that can be felt by people just like me that are so sensitive too medications.


God Bless,
Tammy

No comments: