Monday, October 12, 2009

Yummy Pizza Crust

Yummy Pizza Crust
Tammy Channel




2 1/4 C warm water


3 tsp yeast
4 tbs olive oil


5 C unbleached white flour or whole wheat flour (or a mixture of both)
1/2 C powedered milk
1/4 C grated parmesan cheese
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp salt
3 tsp sugar


First place liquids in mixing bowl ( I use my stand mixer but you can do this by hand). Let the yeast set for a few minutes about 3 to 5 to activate it.


Start adding the dry ingredients (NOTE: I mix the dry ingredients up in a mixing bowl and set aside until time to add to the wet ingredients.) Add them a little a time. Start mixing on lowest setting or by hand. Keeping mixing until completely mixed and turn up the setting on the mixer or start kneading it by hand. If using a kitchen aide like I have let it knead for about 3 minutes and if by hand about 5. No need to worry about doing the perfectly it's not like making bread.


Once the kneading is finished I take my pans and spray with canola oil, I then divide my dough into 3 portions and set each portion on a pan so it's there when I am preparing the dough for the oven. It just makes it easier for me and seems to keep things moving along smoothly. I roll the dough out and work with it with my hands. The dough should feel nice a soft and smooshy almost more like biscuit dough than bread dough. Work with it until it's completely covering the pan. I take a fork and poke the dough to prevent air bubbles and place it in an oven that has been preheated to 375*F until the dough is not sticky any longer. I take it out and keep going until all my doughs are prebaked. Now I can dress them or freeze them.




Happy Homemaking

No comments: