Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Weight Loss Journey

I began my weight loss journey a few months back. Not for vanity sake but for my health. I have had 2 spinal surgeries in 2009 and as a result of my condition many of the medicines the doctors prescribed for me before my first surgery caused weight gain,couple that with the innability to excercise and you have weight gain. I was so unhappy with my body and felt my health was at risk. I had always been a very active person and never had much of a problem with my weight until my problem arose. So after the second surgery I was prescribed yet more medication that caused weight gain,but I was determined to take control of my body and my health once again. That's when I started on my journey,a journey of reclaiming my health,a journey of being accepting of my body but knowing I was with the knowledge to know how to change it. It has not been easy due to the medications I am on and have to be on due to nerve damage and other things in my back and legs. Without them I would be in severe pain. So that made my weight loss hard at times. I would go one week and lose 2 pounds just to get on the scales the next week and gain 1. It was so depressing knowing that you are doing what you are suppose to do and not seeing results. But I didn't give up,I kept going and the next week I would lose 1/2 pound. Not what I would like to see but small victories are awesome to. Now as of today I have lost a total of 30 pounds. I am not finished by any means,my doctor and I had a talk about the ideal weight for my body type and I will not stop until I am there within 5 pound either way,but hopefully less. : )
The Happy Homemaker

3 comments:

DLOBR said...

Congratulations!!!!

I know how it is. I for myself finally had no choice when at age 46 I got diabetes.May you comtinue to lose and reach your goal.

God bless you!

Tammy said...

Thank You! I have a ways to go but with God's help I know I will get there. How are you doing on your journey?

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I am also on the road to becoming healthier. I will cheer you on. I need too. Congrats.