Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Been Too Long.....

Since my last post. Soooo I suppose it's time I fill you all in with what has been going on with me.

I hit a very low spot in my life. Actually the lowest I have ever been. I found out some things about my dad and it crushed me. What I thought I knew I no longer knew. What I believed I wasn't sure about any longer. I questioned everything and everyone in my life. I felt like the foundation under my feet was shaking and I was weak. I had no joy and no reason to strive for joy.

I sat down one night before bed and cried out to Jesus,asking him to please help me. I poured my heart out to him and talked to him. I had so many questions and poured it all out to him that night in my room. And literally the next day things started falling into place,he was holding me up and helping me.

No my circumstances haven't changed but my outlook and feeling about everything has. I have joy where I lost it,I have hope where I had none. I wish things were different but they aren't and I can't change that.

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower:the righteous runneth into it,and is safe.

This verse helps me so much. It spoke to me when I couldn't hear and was deep within the pit of darkness. Jesus never left my side,he was there crying and holding me,talking to my heart. Finally though my desperation I reached out to him again and again and broke though. He took me in his arms and held me like a father does. I am so grateful to have a saviour that loves me that much.

Tammy

No comments: