Friday, April 9, 2010

It's Friday!

The above picture was taken out of our picture window in our living room. We thought this was the prettiest little bird and it kept coming by to visit with us most every day. Even though it had secret motives,he was stealing cat food from the cats bowl on the porch. : ) I wish I would have thought to snap one of  it stealing the cat food. lol

I woke up this morning so disappointed. I started some buttermilk yesterday just like I have countless times before and it didn't turn out right.It was not thick and smooth like it normally is it had chunked up like milk does when it spoils. I can't think of anything that I did different except I used 2 % milk when I usually use Whole milk. I honestly didn't think that would make that much of a difference but I suppose I was wrong. Now I have to wait until I go to the store next week to get some more whole milk. : (

I have gotten away from so many of the things that I firmly believe in. I really didn't mean to,I suppose it was because I have been dealing with so much with my parents getting a divorce after 37 years,it has really hurt in ways I never thought it would. I haven't baked in what seems like ages,I feel like I have been going through the motions of keeping home but not feeling the fullfillment I usually do. Even my oldest son Jason told me he could tell I was sad. Yes I am I am grieving the loss of a once happy marriage and the fall of a good Christian man. I am not depressed but I am mourning and will mourn for some time to come. But I am starting to want to do a lot of the things I use to do. Like..... make my cleaning products,bake bread,quick breads,deserts,keep my home as clean and clutter free as I can. Teach my daughter how to keep a home,I was before all this doing Helpmeet lessons with her. Little things because she is still young but it's still important to start teaching young so they see the importance of our role in the family. She has learned how to sort laundry,load it in the washer,put the detergent in and start it. She has learned how to unload the dishwasher and put away the dishes as well as load them. She has learned how to clean the bathroom and make her bed properly. She was learning how to do some cooking,little things like she helped me make biscuits for dinners,she would stir something in the pot,she would knead bread for me and she helped me cook by adding ingredients for me. Then when all this happened it crushed me so badly I dropped it all and I'm ashamed to admit that but it's true. The good thing is that I see all I have lapsed in and felt the urge to pick it all up again and begin my life as it has been. God is so good to us when we are down he is there to comfort us and when he knows we need to push to get up again he does that. I am so greatful to have a father that loves me that much.

The plan for today is to cut up 1 - 2 cups of leftover turkey from last nights dinner and use it in the turkey n gravy for tonight. The rest I will slice up thin for sandwiches.I made up a delicious broth for the gravy using the turky carcass and herbs. I would like to make some cookies to it's been a while since I have done that,it would be nice to fill the house with the aroma of sweet yummy chewy homemade cookies. Brandon my youngest son wants me to make a pumpkin pie. Also I have laundry,I try to make sure all my laundry is washed up,Sunday is God's day and work is not a part of it. The cars need cleaned and the laundry room needs a good wipping down. Friday cleaning normally doesn't take that long so it frees up more time for special things like baking or a craft project or just some fun family time. Then later tonight we are attending a 2 day seminar at our church called Soul Winning, preached by Brother Sutton,I have never had the pleasure to hear him preach and I'm really looking forward to it.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend whereever you may be. May God bless you and your family.

Until Monday,

The Happy Homemaker

No comments: