Friday, December 30, 2011

Reflecting on 2011

photo source:tssphoto.com


It's hard to believe that 2011 is almost over and 2012 is about to begin. As I sit and think about 2011 and all that has happened. I find many joys and blessings and a few heart aches along the way. Looking back I can see how God has been there through the good and the bad. He has given me strength when I had no strength left, he gave me wisdom when I was at a loss, he comforted me when I was hurting, he is truly the father I always wanted and so very blessed to have him as my savior, friend, and father.

I have lost my earthly father to a sinful world but gained a son that I adore. I have gone from teaching to homeschooling, a decision I love and have been blessed beyond words for making it. My oldest son Jason graduated and started college, he has completed his first semester and did awesome!

I have learned many lessons and new things. I have learned to let go even when you really don't want too. When my dad left us, it hurt me deeply. I felt I was at a loss and couldn't believe what was happening to us. After trying to give him another chance and getting deeply hurt yet again, I had to come to the realization that I must walk away and let him go, that is exactly what I did. I still pray for his soul but I no longer have any contact with him. I have learned to forgive and not hold onto hurt or bitterness, it is very damaging to our overall body and health and just not worth it.

I have learned to be more soft spoken and kind ,a lesson I would have never been able to achieve without God. The product of this lesson has been remarkable. Our home is lighter and brighter, the feeling is much more comforting and relaxing. I'm not perfect and I still make mistakes but I have learned it's OK to admit your wrong and ask for forgiveness. Showing my children my humility by asking for forgiveness when I'm wrong is showing them the right way to handle themselves when they are in the wrong.

So many things have brought me to where I am today. Some if I had to choose I would have chosen another route but all things happen for the good of those that love the Lord. And through my trials in the valley and my cheers on the mountain tops God has been there each step. I called out to him in my pain and he carried me, I cried out to him in joy and praised with me.

I step into 2012 with eager anticipation to see what God has in store for our family! He is the driver and we are his passengers!

God Bless,
Tammy


No comments: