Monday, June 21, 2010

Completing Him Challenge-week 2


I am participating in the Completing Him Challenge that is being hosted by Courtney @ Women Living Well

This weeks challenge is simply to Remember. Remember the day you entered your sacred vows. If you are a blogger, please post pictures from that day and share your story. Then link up below and link your post to this post.



Sadly again for this weeks challenge I am unable to share any pictures from our wedding.
 
The memories from this wonderful day of my life are so sweet and so vivid. I think it's that way for most women or at least I hope it is.
 
I can remember waking up July 11,1992 scared and excited all at the same time. This was to be the day when I would become Mrs. John Channel,I can still feel the butterflies.
 
We had a rehearsal the night before and that night I didn't get much sleep at all. I kept thinking of how it was going to be to be a wife. I was eager to begin my life with my husband. To leave my home and family and go with him as the bible tells us.
 
The morning of my wedding I began getting ready and my mom did my hair. French twist bun,I loved it. My gown was an heirloom from my family. It was antique white lace with lace choker collar and pearl buttons all the way up the back. It was so pretty.
 
It seemed as though the day creeped along and flew by all at the same time. I couldn't wait to see my love!
 
We arrived at the church (almost late),I hurried into my dress and finally it was time for me to take my place beside my dad. We stood there arm in arm,both of us sad and happy at the same time. When the music started and we began our trip down the aisle I was a basket of nerves. Finally we made it to where my husband to be was waiting for me with a nervous smile on his face. I looked at him and smiled back at him.
 
I can remember when it was time for my dad to give me to my husband to be he held on just a moment longer. Finally after all was said and done I was his and he was mine (and it's still that way).
 
Our honeymoon was at a cabin on a lake. It was lovely,waking up first thing in the morning and sitting on the porch overlooking the lake. Loved it!
 
Coming home I was eager to begin my life as a homemaker and helper to my husband but I suppose that is for another post.
 
God Bless,
Tammy

3 comments:

Homemaker Honey said...

Great memories and such a special day with family. I'm participating in the challenge, too.

Celebrate marriage by visiting my HELLO, HANDSOME! Blog Party

http://www.homemakerhoney.com/p/hello-handsome-giveaway-list.html

Deborah
Homemaker Honey

BeechemBrightSpots said...

I've enjoyed reading your blog--I'm glad I found it from Women Living Well. Your title "living on a one income family in a two income world caught my eye because we have just decided to do that after 15 years of marriage. We are excited to see how God is going to work through all of the details but feel that He has called us to do this at this time in our lives. I look forward to reading more of your blog!

Kim B @ http://beechembrightspots.blogspot.com/

Tammy said...

Hi Kim,I'm so happy you enjoy your time on my blog. Being able to be home is such a gift,good luck on your new adventure.